Foundation (Prep) Orientation
IMPORTANT DATES FOR PREP STUDENTS FOR 2020
- Enrolment Applications Open: February 2020
- Open School Tour: March 2020
- Open School Tour: April 2020
- Prep Information Evening: May 2020
Actual Dates to be confirmed
**Please note this form is for families who DO NOT currently have older siblings enrolled at a St Mary’s Catholic primary school. If you are enrolling a younger sibling into the school your children currently attend, please contact the school directly.
The online Expression of Interest is the first step in the enrolment process. Completing this form does not guarantee an enrolment offer.
It is expected you have made contact with the school at which you wish to enrol your child to determine what specific information is required before completing this form.
- School Principals to meet to determine allocation of Placements: May 2020
- First Round Placement Offers: May 2020
- Written Acceptances of Enrolments required from parents: by May 2020
ENROLMENT AT YEAR LEVELS OTHER THAN FOUNDATION
Please contact the school office on 5775 2670 for any enrolment enquiries for year levels other than Foundation.
Foundation (Prep) Orientation
New Foundation (Prep) students for 2021 are invited to attend school on four occasions during Term 4, 2020 as part of a school familiarization program.
These dates are:-
** Dates and Times yet to be confirmed. Please contact the office to discuss further.
For the first sessions students will participate in planned activities in the classroom while parents meet in the Mercy Centre for coffee and a series of curriculum workshops on Readiness, Religious Education, Welfare, and participation in school committees.
FOUNDATION TRANSITION PROGRAM
To avoid over tiredness due to the excitement of beginning school, hot days, daylight saving time, and coping with the bigger world of school, foundation (prep)children are introduced to full-time schooling on a gradual basis and during February and early March will not attend school on a Wednesday. Appointments will be made on a Wednesday for further testing of the children.
2021 Prep Transition Dates
- Tuesday October 27th 2020 – 9am to 11am
- Tuesday November 10 2020 – 9am to 11am
- Tuesday November 24th 2020 – 9am to 11am
- Tuesday December 8th 2020 – 9am to 11am
Welcome to St. Mary’s Catholic Primary School. We hope that we can begin a partnership with you and your family, focused on the development of your child. We invite prospective families to come along for a tour of our school, meet our principal Trish Etcell, and see for yourself, how we inspire children’s strengths and prepare them to flourish in a world yet to be imagined.
Guided Group Tours are available every second Wednesday and can be booked using the link below. If none of these times suit you please contact our office to arrange a personal tour with the Principal at a more suitable time.
Book online or call to have a chat with Sharna or Michelle on 03 5775 2670 for further information.
Enroling Your Child FAQ’s
When your child starts school, or moves to a new school, it’s a big change in your family life. It’s normal if you feel a little worried or sad too!
Below are some common questions for our enrolment procedures:
WHAT AGE SHOULD YOUR CHILD START SCHOOL?
Children start school in Australia at 5 years of age (they must of turned 5 by the 30th April in their first year of school).
WHEN SHOULD I ENROL MY CHILD FOR PREP NEXT YEAR?:
Our enrollment process starts the year before your child starts Prep. Our process opens in April and closes in June.
We know this sounds early, however we need adequate time to prepare for your child’s classes.
MAKING AN ENROLMENT ENQUIRY:
We welcome enquiries at any time. Enquiries do not mean you have made a commitment to our school.
If your enroling your child into the next prep school year, please see our Foundation (Prep) Orientation tab for more information.
An infomation pack can also be emailed or collected from our office.
WHEN IS THE SCHOOL OPEN DAY?
Parents are invited to view the school during our official Open Day. We will be running two sessions on this day at 9:30am and 12:00pm. Our Principal Trish, will address the parents and you are then invited to join in on a tour of our school.
We would appreciate you letting us know if you plan to attend, however is not a necessity.
Your child is welcome to join you on this day.
NEW CHILDREN FROM OTHER YEAR LEVELS:
We welcome new students at any stage throughout the year. We will provide your child with opportunities to transition with ease into their new school. New students are also assigned a ‘buddy’ who will be in their class when they commence at St Mary’s and will look after them during their transition to their new school.
DOES ST MARY'S HAVE A BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL CARE PROGRAM?
No we don’t, however Mansfield Community Cubby House provides a before/after school care program. Enquiries can be made through their website www.mansfieldcubbyhouse.com
MY CHILD WILL NEED TO CATCH THE BUS, HOW DO I ORGANISE THAT?
HOW DO I ORDER MY CHILD'S UNIFORM?
You can download our School Uniform Order Form below and simply fill it out and return it to the office.
We do have a small stock pile on hand, however some items made need to be ordered in.
You can bring your child in to try on items for sizing before you order.
If you haven’t found answers to your questions about enrolling at St Mary’s Primary School on our website, you can contact Sharna or Michelle during office hours on 03) 5775 2670 or you can email email@example.com
Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander Education
We acknowledge the traditional custodians of the Mansfield-Taungurung people upon whose land our Catholic School is built.
We pay respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, past, present and future, and commit to just recognition and reconciliation in our common home of Australia.
DID YOU KNOW?
Catholic Education in the Diocese of Melbourne:
- recognises that Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples are the first Australians and have the longest continuous cultures in human history
- is committed to work in partnership with families and community in welcoming Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and supporting them to strive to reach their full potential and to embrace their culture and identity
HOW DO I ENROL MY CHILD IN A CATHOLIC SCHOOL?
To enrol your child in a Catholic School, you can contact:
- the Principal of your local school
- the Diocesan Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Officer
- the local Aboriginal Community Engagement Officer
WHAT IS PROVIDED?
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students and their families are provided with:
- inclusive learning and teaching experiences that value and enhance knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander histories and cultures
- support through personalised learning plans that are developed in partnership with parents/carers, the child and their teacher(s)
- support from the Diocesan Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Officer
- support from Aboriginal Community Engagement Officers and Aboriginal Education Assistants (AEAs) attached to some schools
- opportunities for family and community members to be involved in the sharing of culture and appropriate knowledge with their child’s school community that builds respect, partnership, recognition and reconciliation
- opportunity to privately discuss reduced school fees and costs with the Principal of your local Catholic School with the support of the Diocesan Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Officer
CONTACT FOR ABORIGINAL EDUCATION AT ST MARY’S